“DP Law” – Data Protection Law applicable to Coinstockx, inclusive of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, its implementing texts and/or its successors. “Personal Data” has the meaning as stipulated in the DP Law. This notice governs how we use your Personal Data resulting from the use of the Coinstockx website (www.coinstockx.com) and registering/subscribing/buying/using Coinstockx services and products. In the event where you have inquiries or require any further clarity, kindly contact us. Our contact details can be found in the Contact Us section of our website.
- The forms of Personal Data we collect and the way we use it;
- How and why we may make available your Personal Data to third parties;
- The transfer of your Personal Data within and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- The security measures we have put in place to guide against misuse, loss, or a change in Personal Data; and
- Coinstockx safekeeping of your Personal Data.
COLLECTING AND USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE GATHER
We only receive the Personal Data you provide us with expressly, or which we generate on your opening of a Coinstockx Account; make transactions on the Coinstockx Platform, or use other Coinstockx Services or our Site. This may include;
- Contact information, including name, home address, and email address;
- Account information, including username, password, account settings, and preferences;
- Financial information, including bank statement, bank account numbers, and trading information;
- Identity verification information, including pictures of your ID (government-issued), passport, national identity card, or drivers’ license. Note: Residents in the United States may be required to drop their social security numbers;
- Residence verification information, including utility bill details, or related information;
- Information related to how you use our Services, such as when you make use of Services and the particular Services used; and
- Information regarding your communications with us, either via the email or through a phone call or similar media.
Automatically, we retrieve certain computer, device, and browsing information when you make use of our Site or Services. Such information is further gathered to provide us with statistical data on the browsing actions and patterns of our users, without identifying the individuals personally. Such information may include;
- A mobile device or computer information, such as IP address, operating system, network system, browser settings, and type;
- Usage information of the website
Lastly, we may also retrieve Personal Data from third party partners as well as public sources, and these include;
- Financial information
- Reputational information
- Business activities of corporate customers
- USING COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
There are cookies incorporated on the Site, and these are small text files which are embedded on your computer by websites you browse. Cookies are used extensively to enhance your browsing experience, or improve efficiency while offering information to site owners. Ordinarily, cookies will be stored on the hard drive of your computer. When we collect information via cookies, we utilise them in the evaluation of how effective our Site is performing, make trends analysis, and administer the Platform. Such information also enables us to discover such statistics as; which segments of our Site do Users visit the most, and which part do they encounter difficulties in accessing. With such information, we can significantly improve the quality of Users’ experience in the process of visiting our Site.
Likewise, we are also using a third party service provider(s). They assist us in achieving an improved understanding of the use of our Site. Our Service provider(s) are allowed to place cookies on your computer hard drive and retrieve such information that we identify to help us with the knowledge of such things as how visitors navigate our website, which services or products are most checked, as well as the general Transaction information. Our service provider(s) then do a thorough analysis of this information and in turn give us the aggregate reports, which we in turn use in having a better understanding of our visitors, and thus serving them better. Information received from you while using our platform is not totally unlinked with that received from our service provider(s). Our service provider(s) is/are contractually prohibited from utilising the information they retrieve from the visitors to our Site for anything different from helping us.
If you are not interested in using cookies, there is an option to have it disabled in your browser. But you should note that when you disable cookies, it might be impossible for you to assess specific features of our Services or website. Such features include but not limited to Coinstockx Account or making transactions. However, when you use our website or service with a browser that is configured to accept cookies means that you accept all of our third-party cookies.
- USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are many reasons we collect your information. We require some information to enter into and perform our contract – for instance, your payment details and contact. Likewise, we will need some of your personal information to effect some processing, as stipulated by the law due to our anti-fraud screening obligations or in the public interest, including the verification of identities of customers.
The following processes are what we use your personal information for:
- Create and make use of your Coinstockx account, for such purposes as accounting, billing, and maintenance of legal documentation, claim and dispute management. To achieve an effective performance of a contract with you, there is the need for related processing operations, as well as to ensure compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject;
- Process your Coinstockx transactions; we will require related processing operations for the performance of a contract with you as well as to ensure compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject;
- Personalise your Coinstockx Services experience; we require related processing operations for purposes of our legitimate interests (i.e., improving and promoting our services);
- Make an excellent analysis of the Coinstockx website usage, while improving the contents and offerings; we require related processing operations for such purposes as legitimate interests (including the enhancement and promotion of our services);
- Assist us serving better response to your customer service requests and support needs; we require related processing operations for the issuance of a contract with you, as well as for our legitimate interests (including improving our offering to serve you better);
- Contact you about Coinstockx Services. The email address you dropped with us may be used as a means of getting back to you with information and useful updates to your use of Services.
AUTOMATED DECISIONS MAKING
Coinstockx may make decisions automatically on certain matters. One of those instances is in making the decision either to offer you our services on a credit check or risk profiling basis. Based on what we get as results of the credit check/risk profiling, we will reach an automated decision on whether you are worthy enough to enjoy our services on credit, using your creditworthiness as the determining factor.
In any event, where you do not agree with such automated decision, you have the right to contest such decision by reaching us through our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hold the right to occasionally send you news, updates, promotions and similar information relating to Coinstockx’s products and services. Likewise, we may also create a promotion, contest, survey or related site features, more details of which will be present on the website. This will only be done in situations where you have given us your consent, or when we are permitted under the DP law and in pursuit of our legitimate interests, which is the promotion of our services.
Also, we may share personal data with third parties in assisting us with our promotional and marketing projects, as well as sending marketing messages. In the event that you want to stop receiving such promotional and marketing emails, posts, text messages and related means of communications from us (or our promotional partners) about which we might send you per this section. Here are the steps to opt out of these promotional messages:
- Log into your account, and update your profile
- Click “unsubscribe”; it is located towards the ending of the email you received
- Reach us at email@example.com to opt-out.
Note that even though you have opted out of receiving marketing and promotional messages, we can still reach you on such matters about our business relationship with you. Thus you may get messages from us based on account status, activity updates, survey requests as regards to products and services we offered you after you reserve from us. Reservations are confirmations or responses to inquiries or complaints lodged by you, as well as related communications.
DISCLOSING AND TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA
Coinstockx may share your Personal Data with third parties, including regulatory and legal authorities. Likewise, we may need to transfer your Personal Data within and outside the EEA, according to the procedures highlighted below:
- DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
In some situations, we may have to transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and other third parties;
- We may disclose your personal information with some contractors and service providers. These parties are into processing; thus they process your personal data for us. Such recipients include advertising agencies, IT specialists, database providers, backup and disaster recovery specialists, email providers or outsourced call centres. These set of recipients will be bound to satisfy our requirements for information processing and security, and we provide such information to them by its connection with their performance ONLY.
- We may also disclose your personal information with some other third parties, and we do this either after receiving your consent or because there is the need to use this information to provide the products and services that you desire adequately. Such third parties in this context include reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and our business partners.
Here are the scenarios in which we may transfer your personal data to other third-party organisations
- In an event where we are discussing transferring or selling a part or our entire business – the information may be assigned to prospective buyers, but under suitable terms that will ensure confidentiality;
- In the event that we reorganise or are sold, information may be transferred to a new buyer who will continue with the provision of such services to you;
- In the event that the law compels us, either under any regulatory code, a practice we follow or asked by a regulatory and public authority, e.g., police;
- In the event that we are in the process of defending a legal claim, in which case your information might be needed to achieve an effective defence.
Your information may also be shared if aggregated and made anonymous, because, in such instances, your information is no more a personal data. However, your information will never be sold, exchanged, or disclosed to any third parties, without your consent, except in the process of providing Coinstockx Services as stipulated by the law.
Coinstockx’s third party service providers are always contractually bound to keep your information safe, and only utilise them for such purposes as stated in the contract, and as stipulated herein, except as otherwise demanded or permitted by law. We always ensure that such contracts are drafted in line with the demands of the DP Law.
- DISCLOSURES TO LEGAL AUTHORITIES
We may also share your Personal Data with data protection authorities, government authorities, and law enforcement authorities, among others in such situations where;
- We are compelled by court order or similar legal directives
- Such disclosure is required to report perceived illegal activities
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Coinstockx usually stores and process your Personal Data in data centres around the world, and in such locations where our facilities or service providers are situated. Thus, we may send your Personal Data outside the European Union. However, some countries where your personal data may be sent to for these purposes are not located within the European Union; thus they do not benefit from an adequacy decision provided by the EU Commission concerning the protection is given to personal data in that Country.
For more information on these specific countries as described above, kindly check https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. Please note that such transfers are done in compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations, while appropriate safeguards as stipulated under DP Law will be implemented, including standard data protection clauses with data processors or recipients approved by relevant authorities. You can request a copy of such information at the address presented in the Contact Us section of our website.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
You are entitled to some certain rights on your Personal Data, as stipulated under the DP Law. Such rights can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to confirm the status of your personal information processing, and if we are, you can further ask to access your personal data. With this, you can get a copy of the personal data we have about you as well as certain other information relating to it, in the bid to check if we are truly and lawfully processing it. Kindly note that Coinstockx, most times, processes a large quantity of information, and thus, we may ask you, as allowed by the DP Law, to be specific about the information or processing activities to which your request is concerned with, before having them sent across to you.
You have the right to ask for a correction of an inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you.
You have the right to request that we remove a part or delete entirely personal information in some situations. However, there are particular exceptions to this right, in which case, we may decline a request for erasure. An instance of such a situation is where your personal data is required in connection with claims or compliance with the law.
You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of some of your personal information, for instance, if you would like us to prove its accuracy or why we need to have it processed.
You may ask us to transfer some of your personal data to another party.
In such situations where we are processing your personal data according to legitimate interests, or interests of a third party, you have the right to challenge such processing. However, you should note that we may be entitled to continue the processing of such information in compliance with our legitimate interests, or in such situations where such processing complies with legal claims. Likewise, you are entitled to the right to object in the event where we are processing your personal data for marketing purposes directly.
You have the right to contest every automated decision made about you, in such instances where such a decision has a legal or an equally significant effect, and subsequently request for reconsideration.
You have the right also to subject a complaint with supervisory authority, especially in the Member State in the European Union where you are residing habitually, where we are situated, or where an alleged violation of Data Protection Law has occurred. In the United Kingdom, the applicable authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (Telephone – 0044 1625 545 700 or via www.ico.org.uk). If you are in Luxembourg, the right authority will be the Luxembourg Data Protection Authority, which is reachable at www.cnpd.public.lu or on the phone via 00352 26 10 601).
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
Coinstockx has put in place several security measures to make sure there is no breach of the confidentiality of your Personal Data and protect it from loss, theft, unauthorised access, alteration, destruction or misuse. Some, but not all, security measures we use are;
- Password protection databases and directorates;
- Secure Sockets Layered (SSL) technology, which ensures that your information stays encrypted and sent across the internet without breach; and
- PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and related attacks
We ensure that we transmit through the SSL technology as well as encryption, all financially sensitive and/or credit information, safely into our database. We only allow authorised Coinstockx personnel to access your Personal Data, and such personnel are compulsorily required to be maximally confidential with such information. We will endeavour to review the security measures consistently, in reaction to a new and relevant technical and legal developments.
You hold the full responsibility for safeguarding your account passcode, membership pins and numbers; you must never share this sensitive information with anyone. In the event of unauthorised use or similar breach of security concerned with your information, you shall notify us below immediately.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The period you have spent as a Coinstockx member;
- If there exist legal or contractual obligations that are in existence and which require us to keep the data for a specified period;
- If there is an existing legal or financial claim that involves your relationship with Coinstockx;
- If any applicable law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period; and lastly
- What the expectation for retention was at the period of receiving such data.
In compliance with our record keeping obligations, we will retain Account and related Personal Data for a period not less than five years (or up to ten years, as stipulated by the applicable law) after the closure or termination of an Account.
Data Protection Law applicable to Coinstockx, inclusive of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, its implementing texts and/or its successors.
All information that can aid the identification of an individual. Such include but not limited to name, address, email address, trading information, and banking details. Kindly note that “Personal Data” is not inclusive of anonymised and/or aggregated data which does not identify a certain user.
The platform powered by technology, functional rules and market under the management of Coinstockx Ltd which allows Buyers and Sellers to sell, purchase and trade Bitcoins.
Transactions include any or all of:
- The agreement between the Seller and the Buyer to trade Cryptocurrencies via Coinstockx Service for currencies. Such trading or exchange is usually at a commonly agreed price (“Purchase Transaction”);
- The conversion of currencies into Cryptocurrencies deposited by Members on their Account (“Conversion Transaction”);
- The transfer of Cryptocurrencies among Members (“Transfer Transaction”);
- The transfer of currencies among Members (“Currency Transfer Transaction”); and
- The buying of ancillary products (“Purchase Transactions”).
The Rubik's Cube is the most popular puzzle. Learn the easiest solution here.